Sunday, February 17, 2008

Cover Letters?

The Idea of cover letters is new to me because I have not yet entered the business world. Before the mention on cover letters I thought that a resume followed by an interview, and maybe a follow up interview was all that it took to get hired. I've realized that you can let the interviewer know more about you in the cover letter, like example of success stories in the past.

I thought that the ideas on how to write a good cover letter were pretty helpful. I agreed with pretty much everything in the tutorials. Using a checklist on the cover letter is a very good Idea. Using this gives you the opportunity not to leave anything out. Writing a "post script " also stood out to me. I wouldn't have thought to do this in a cover letter but if if make you stand out more to the employer, then thats good stuff. I believe that the possible employer would read the P.S. first.

No comments: